Washington DC Movers
Check moving quotes, schedules and reviews on dozens of DC area moving services.
Other Washington moving websites take your contact info and promise to call back with a quote. On HireAHelper.com, we don't ask for any private contact information before you can…
- See prices for Washington, DC moving labor, instantly.
- Read real, unfiltered customer reviews.
- Book your help securely online.
Recent Customer Reviews from around Washington:
The average service provider rating is 4.6 stars out of 5.0 after 381 customer reviews.
Areas Of Coverage:
Moving to D.C. - A Washington, DC City Guide
Washington, DC, home to the world’s most powerful democracy, is a city of unique character; boasting an intricate history and fantastic cultural diversity. Washington welcomes a wide assortment of elected and appointed officials, foreign emissaries, government workers, and people of every trade and background, as well as families that go back multiple generations. Beyond the politics and power struggles that define our nation’s capital, DC offers its residents great variety in culture, dining and entertainment. Whether you were born and raised in the District or are just relocating to Washington for the first time, DC is a fantastic place to call home.
The District of Columbia was established in 1790, designated by the Constitution of the United States, and it is the center of all three branches of the federal government of the United States. U.S. Congress has supreme authority over DC - although it is governed by a locally elected mayor and city council – so local laws may be overturned. Washington has a non-voting Congressional Delegate, and no senators. In fact, residents of DC were only allowed to vote in presidential elections as recently as 1961, when the Twenty-third Amendment to the Constitution was ratified to give voting rights to DC residents. For this reason, you may see “Taxation Without Representation” on D.C. license plates, as residents of the District pay taxes but have restricted self-governance compared to residents of the rest of the country.
Washington is situated along the Potomac and Anacostia rivers, bordered by the states of Maryland and Virginia. The city is easy to navigate, offering many public transportation options, from the Amtrak and Marc trains that will take you in or out of the city, to the subway underground (“The Metro”). There’s also the bus system and even a free shuttle connecting different parts of the city. Washington experiences hot, humid summers and mild fall and winter seasons. Springtime in D.C. is famous for “Cherry Blossom Season”, when the city’s thousands of assorted cherry trees – a gift from Japan approximately one century ago – color the city with pink and white blossoms.
Residents of DC enjoy some of the best cuisine our country has to offer, featuring great food for any palate. The city is brimming with top Zagat-rated restaurants and celebrity chefs, and also offers plenty of home-style restaurants and great eating spots for the whole family. For a taste of history, visit Old Ebbitt Grill, which was established in 1856 and is known to have been a favorite of Presidents Grant, Cleveland, Harding and Theodore Roosevelt. Famous for its oyster bar, the Grill is still a popular spot among tourists and locals for drinking and dining today. Another trendy meeting spot for residents of DC, tourists and political insiders, Clyde’s of Chinatown, offers extensive seating and a family-friendly American menu. Whether you sit down at a white tablecloth upstairs, or find yourself perched next to a member of Congress at the bar, Clyde’s has something for everyone. In historic Georgetown, take a walk along the Waterfront and dine at Farmers and Fishers, for an all-organic menu, or Sequoia, for fine dining and a breathtaking view of the Potomac. If you’re in the mood for more casual fare, try the crab rangoon at Chinatown Garden, or enjoy a burger and a beer while you watch your favorite sports team on the screens at the Greene Turtle.
DC is a great place to live if you are a music lover, whether you prefer an orchestra at the Kennedy Center, or an Indie rock band at the Black Cat. The city is a hotspot for a wide variety of musical talent, both past and present. Visit the U Street Jazz Corridor where famous American jazz musicians once gathered to play, and where you will still find a variety of jazz, blues and R&B venues. DC’s famous 9:30 Club is an intimate live music venue that frequently hosts big-name acts as well as local bands. Just make sure to buy tickets before you go, as this venue sells out fast! For the classical music lover in your family, impress by getting tickets to the Washington National Opera at the Kennedy Center, or even stop by during the week to listen to a symphony for free. Your children can enjoy a hands-on, interactive musical experience at DC Music and Entertainment, owned by Pablo Gabriel, where there is even a music session for toddlers to sing-along and learn about instruments.
Living in DC means you can enjoy entertainment from sunup to sundown, and much of it is free. From the Botanical Gardens to the Air and Space Museum, DC’s Smithsonian museums are open most of the year and always free to the public. When relatives come to visit, take them on a tour of the National Building Museum or to the National Portrait Gallery, or take your family to the Washington Zoo to see a variety of exotic animals. See the workings of our government from the inside-out with a complimentary tour of the Capitol Building led by a House or Senate staff member. During the summer months you can picnic with your family while you catch a movie on the National Mall, or listen to live music in the Sculpture Gardens. If you’re willing to shell out some cash, many of our country’s best-known comics started out at the Comedy Improv, and frequently return to this famous venue. For the sports fan, Washington’s Verizon Center hosts both college and NBA basketball games, and it is also home to the Washington Capitals hockey team.
Washington, DC is constantly growing in population and variety as more people decide to settle and build their lives there. Government workers, elected officials, foreign nationals and students are just a few of the groups attracted to the excitement and diversity of our nation’s capital. With a rich history, fantastic cultural diversity and so many dining and entertainment options, it is easy to see why Washington, DC is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and why so many people are eager to make Washington their home.
Photo credit to Randy Pertiet.
Movers in Washington DC
- HelpingHandsProMovers - 15 reviews in Fredericksburg VA
- K.Y. Professional Movers, LLC - 61 reviews in Baltimore MD
- Keep It Moving, LLC. - 42 reviews in Felton DE
- Sterner's Moving and Transporting Inc. - 17 reviews in Jacobus PA
- The Moving Guides, LLC - 104 reviews in Falls Church VA
- Less Strain Movers - 4 reviews in Gaithersburg MD
- USA Patriot Pro Movers - 7 reviews in fredericksburg VA
- Bill Lamb Moving Services - 13 reviews in Falls Church VA
- Get Up and Go Movers, LLC - 113 reviews in Washington DC
- Alliance Movers - 118 reviews in North Potomac MD
- Thoughtful Movers - 16 reviews in Bowie MD
- Maxon Movers Inc. - 32 reviews in Laurel MD
- Samuel Services - 511 reviews in gaithersburg MD
- Rapport Relocations - 66 reviews in Alexandria VA
- Freedom Movers - 42 reviews in Woodbridge VA
- Bookstore Movers - 4 reviews in Arlington VA
- Hackley Movers - 21 reviews in Arlington VA
- Lamont's Small Moves, LLC - 4 reviews in Sterling VA
- MD Expert Movers - 95 reviews in takoma park MD
- Hands on loading and unloading services - 5 reviews in district of Columbia WV
- D & R Pro Movers - 1 review in Gaithersburg MD
- Casper Movers - 58 reviews in washington DC
- Henry Moving Company Inc - 127 reviews in Germantown MD
- Moonlight Movers - 268 reviews in Woodbridge VA
- Safety Movers & maid service - 86 reviews in berryville VA
- Labor Ready - 485 reviews in Tacoma WA
- Advanced Moving Systems - 6 reviews in Gainesville VA
- KrishLanz & Co. by PersaudOddJobs - 31 reviews in Hyattsville MD
- Just John - 85 reviews in manassas VA
- Family Movers LLC - 100 reviews in washington DC