The Southern California Movers Scholarship by HireAHelper (2017/2018)
The HireAHelper Movers scholarship seeks to provide financial incentive to all students in Southern California (San Diego, Riverside, Orange, San Bernardino and Los Angeles Counties) and aims to honor the tradition of HireAHelper's founders who brought non-industry experience to revolutionize the moving and storage industry.
Two recipients will be selected per year: One on November 30th for the following spring semester, and one on June 30th for the following fall semester. Each student receives a scholarship of $500 providing they meet the following criteria:
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher their previous year of High School or College.
- Be a resident of the state of California;
- Students must be entering an accredited university in one of the following counties;San Diego, Riverside, Orange, San Bernardino and Los Angeles
- Be a student pursuing their first vocational/associates/bachelor's degree;
- Must not have a HireAHelper scholarship previously
- To apply for the scholarship please submit the following:
- A completed HireAHelper scholarship application
- A 500-2000 word essay covering the following:
- Tell us about a moving experience you have had and how you think modern technology (social media, smart phones, etc) would have improved your experience.
- An official copy of your transcript from your previous year of school.
- Application deadline for spring scholarship is October 1st, 2017
- Application deadline for the fall scholarship is May 1st, 2018
Download and fill out the application below and email it to us.
Download Application (pdf)
Essays & Applications should be e-mailed to:
Director of Scholarships
**MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO APPLY
All students who meet the above criteria will be considered for the Scholarship. Scholarship finalists will be selected by a committee made up of a members of the southern California movers community (Movers in Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange County) and HireAHelper.com representatives. Scholarship finalists will best exemplify the legacy of HireAHelper.com through the applicants' history and potential as presented in the application materials.
The scholarship winner must have received an offer of admission from an approved Southern California university prior to release of funds.
Scholarship winners will be notified by June 30th (Fall) and November 30th (Spring). In the event of the scholarship winner choosing to not attend an approved institution, a new winner will be selected from the remaining finalists and notified as soon as possible.