*Professional Moving Labor. We are highly skilled at moving your pieces within the same residence or loading/unloading your moving truck.
* We can load your truck like its the "Tetris" championships. :) We know how to use all of the cubic feet of your rental truck to get the most value out of it. Everything is organized and packed by weight, size of piece, and fragility to keep all of your nice pieces in pristine condition during transport.
* Tons of experience with heavy and odd shaped pieces through difficult stairways. There is almost always a technique that w…Read Moreill work to get it into the spot you want.
* We offer free of charge use of our dollies, 4 wheel dollies, ratchet straps to secure your load, and free use of 10 moving blankets on local moves. We also provide all basic tools to take apart anything you need.
* Each mover has 5 - 15 years of experience.
* Piano, gunsafe, and pool table services available also, but require extra charge depending on weight and difficulty of piece. Inquire within.
:) Tips are always appreciated. :)
FREE MOVING TIPS!!!!
(These are tips designed to help you get your belongings packed properly and safely. Many of these will also save you time and money on your move)
1. Pack all similar items together, such as dishes, small appliances, electronics, chemicals, books, etc..
2. Put plenty of newspaper, packing paper, or you can use youre towels and wash rags to fill boxes to the top to protect breakable items.
3. Take apart bed frames, attached mirrors, and empty drawers if possible.
(We will also gladly assemble/disassemble of any of your pieces)
4. Make sure to have bottoms and tops of boxes taped with at least 4 strips of tape going horizontal and vertical. (Brown tape works much better)
5. Stack boxes if possible to make room for larger items to be taken to truck first. (Trucks are packed best with the larger heavy items on bottom, then boxes in the middle, and then your light and fragile items on top)
6. Disconnect any electronics or appliances that the movers are taking.
7. Put salt on sidewalk leading up to house if snow or ice will create unsafe travel to truck.
8. Try to have parking reserved if street is crowded such as downtown, or if no other entrances are available.
9. Have animals and small children in a safe place on the day of move.
10. Measure pieces that are desired upstairs to make sure they will fit through your stairway. ( Some armoires and even some beds will not fit upstairs because the hallway is too narrow, height is too short, or too tight of a turn.)
11. Measure doorways if possible to make sure that your couches and large pieces will fit through them if you have time. (Most pieces can be make it through by turning them in different ways)
12. Try to get covering for carpet if its brand new or white carpet. (We can also lay down our moving blankets on floors and banisters, but its not quite as good as a genuine covering such as the sticky plastic wrap for carpet.)
13. If you are using your own rental truck and are moving out of state, make sure to buy or rent some of the furniture pads or have some old blankets available to use to cover your nice furniture to protect during transport. (Large jobs can use up to 40-50 if you would like everything covered). Also recommended to have rope or ratchet straps to secure your load to truck.
14. Use a color code system for quick unload. Put a small colored sticker on each box and piece of furniture, and get a different color for each room and then simply put one of the stickers at the doorway of each room pertaining to its particular furniture and boxes. That way you wont have to be there the whole time guiding the movers where to put each item.
15. Have customer or qualified person present on the day of move.
16. Have all your keys prepared before hand for storage units, new home, etc..
17. Garage items can be taped together such as shovels and rakes. Trash cans can also be used to gather garage stuff.
18. Empty fuel remaining in lawn equipment, lanterns, shampooers, etc.
19. Have elevator reserved before hand if you are in a high rise, getting elevator locked off in moving mode can save you lots of time and money on your move.