Starting and Running Your Independant Moving Labor Company
Twelve Steps to Success
Things you'll learn:
- How to set up the foundation of your business
- Getting a team together
- How to land your first order
The following steps for starting and running your own moving labor company are designed to quickly put you in position to succeed. Of course, you are the planner, the manager, the customer service pro who is responsible for growing your company. But how cool is it to have a ready-made assistant?
Once you've got your ducks in a row (steps 1-5), it's time to get your new business in front of some customers, instantly. Post your moving service on HireAHelper and you'll immediately start showing up for search results in your area, for free. we don't get paid until you do.
So let's step on it and get rolling down your road of entrepreneurial success!
- Name your business. You'll need to decide on an evocative name for your business. (While you are in your creative groove, envision a logo to represent the absolute awesomeness of your company.)
- Decide on a business structure. Are you okay with simple and (potentially) risky or (slightly) complicated and safe? Check out the differences between a Sole Proprietorship and an LLC.
- Obtain your business license. Now you are official!
- Open a business bank account at a local branch and set up a budget.
- Put together a crew. Should you hire contract workers or employees? Advice to help you decide. Plus more than you might care to know about the employee hiring process, along with workplace safety issues and info on background checks.
- Sign up to be on HireAHelper! It's fast, easy and gets your name in front of potential customers right away! Which reminds us...
- Get uniforms. They don't make the men, but they make the men look good.
- Purchase supplies. Get what you need to get the job done.
- Train your new crew members. Turn them into real pros using our Movers Academy.
- Let email@example.com know you'd like to get Elite Gold jobs. Expanding your service to include corporate relocations increases revenue and makes a good impression for your private customers – if you can move a business you can certainly move a family!
- Set your prices, then drop your initial rates as a promotional price to get jobs and reviews. Make it clear these are special rates (you'll see why).
- Advertise, Advertise, Advertise! Then get ready to grab that phone!
Administrative Nuts & Bolts
Basic Business Planning: From company and service descriptions to personnel to financial projections, we dig a little deeper for those golden nuggets of expertise. As the saying goes, 'Nobody plans to fail, some people just fail to plan.'
Drug Testing Verification: Your customers want to know who you are sending to their home. Let them know right on your helper page by verifying your crew member information.
Commercial Liability & Workmen's Comp: Verify your documentation in your helper account here.